Saturday, January 14, 2012

Santorini, Penang

A Christmas meeting with old pals brought us to this small but full of Christmas spirit cafe. Santorini located along Burmah Road, right next to Little Cottage and a few doors away from "Zhou Tian Yang'.



wall decorations include patrons' well-wishes

 

oat fish RM12.90

her-mus-ney chicken RM11.90

chendol jelly

coffee dance (RM5.50) and chocolate (RM5.00)

grill fish in mushroom sauce RM9.90

vegetable fried rice RM6.90

mushroom soup in thick toast RM6.00

tomyam fried rice RM5.90

If I were to choose between Western or Oriental, my vote would go to the Oriental-style. First of all, I am pretty disappointed that their Western are not authentic; i.e. no chips. Maybe I am a little conventional, I have to see chips when I order Western food. However, someone must have "complained" about this, so Santorini is pretty clever to add the statement in their menu "Western food side dishes are subject to changes from day to day". So, no more dispute! :)
Anyway, I must always commend their fried rice is indeed good! So, perhaps they should focus more on Oriental food instead.
:)

Where at?
94, Jalan Burmah, 10050 Penang

Tel no: 04-2292776
Email: santorinicafe@hotmail.com


No comments: